Doubtful Sound Kayak
Take the opportunity to lose yourself in nature in one of the most spectacular places on earth!
Your adventure departs from Te Anau or Manapouri and takes you across the beautiful Lake Manapouri by boat, over Wilmot Pass by bus and into Deep Cove at the head of Doubtful Sound.
An experience like no other, our Kayak day tour is designed to maximise the time spent exploring on the water of Doubtful Sound.
Your Doubtful Sound Kayak Adventure is the longest kayaking day tour of Doubtful Sound. During your 4 hour paddle you will journey up to 15km following Hall Arm, “The Sound of Silence”.
Your return to Deep Cove is via Water Taxi Cruise, so you aren’t backtracking with your kayaking and covering more distance.
We are a local company showing Doubtful Sound to 10 guests per adventure. This ensures a personal experience is provided by your Kayak Nature Guide.
Our key points:
- The longest kayaking day tour of Doubtful Sound (4 hours paddling, up to 15 km)
- Doubtful Sound Kayak travels into Hall Arm, the most spectacular Fiord in Doubtful Sound, which is famously referred to as the home of “The Sound of Silence”
- We kayak out into Doubtful Sound and return by water taxi, so you explore more
- Wildlife, including dolphins, penguins, seals and sea birds inhabit Doubtful Sound
- Your kayaking guide is with you at all times
- We cater for small numbers with a maximum of 10 kayakers in double kayaks
- Courtesy coach from our office in Te Anau or we can meet you in Manapouri
- Cruise on stunning Lake Manapouri and courtesy coach over the spectacular Wilmot Alpine Pass
- We are a small local family owned company.
Bookings: Space is limited so we suggest you make your booking right now to avoid disappointment. To book your Doubtful Sound Kayak please click here for more information.
Phone: 03 249 7777 or 0800 483 262